Claimants who file for unemployment benefits may be directed to register for work with the State Employment Service, so it can assist you in finding employment. If you are not required to register, you still may seek help in finding a job from the Employment Service.
- The One-Stop/Employment Service Office has current labor market information and provides a wide array of re-employment services free of charge.
- Employment Service staff can refer you to job openings in your area, or in other parts of the State or country if you are willing to relocate.
- They can refer you to various training programs.
- If job openings in your field are limited, they can offer testing and counseling to determine other jobs you might like to do and are able to do.
- If you believe you have special needs or considerations, such as physical needs or other considerations, which may prevent you from getting a job, they can refer you to other agencies for help with those needs.