- Register for work, as directed, within three business days of the date you submitted your application for Unemployment Benefits.
- Look for full-time work each week.
- Keep a detailed log of your work search activities and submit it immediately when requested.
- Request payments by logging in to the Internet Unemployment Benefits Services and selecting Payment Request or calling Tele-Serv.
- Read all information mailed to you by TWC or your workforce center. read more
Unemployment Benefit payments
If you qualify for benefits, your unemployment benefits will be deposited to your Debit Card account unless you sign up for direct deposit.
Unemployment Benefits from Employer Taxes
The money for Unemployment Benefits comes from taxes the employers pay to the state and federal governments. The law does not allow employers to deduct money from your paycheck to pay for Unemployment Benefits.