Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

I am currently suspended without pay. Can I draw unemployment benefits until my job situation is resolved.

Q) I have been working with the same employer for 14 years. I am currently suspended without pay. My husband is semi-retired and only works three days a week and draws social security. Can I draw unemployment benefits until my job situation is resolved.

A) If you have been suspended without pay, you can file for unemployment insurance benefits. You always have the right to file for unemployment benefits if you have lost your job or suspended. You can also file for unemployment if you had to quit your job due to hostile working conditions. Once your state unemployment off receives your claim, they will notify your previous employer. Your previous employer always have the rights to file a objection to your claim if they feel you do not qualify for benefits based on the reason they had you suspended.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

91 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

  1. If you are seeking unemployment insurance benefits because you were fired you may not qualify if you were found to be at fault. You must be out of work through no fault of your own. Workers who are laid off for economic reasons due to a plant closing, a reduction-in-force (RIF), or because of lack of work, for example are eligible for unemployment benefits. But employees who are fired are not always eligible for unemployment benefits if it was due to a fault on their part. If you can prove that you were fired for no foult of your own you my qualify for unemployment insurance benefit.

Leave a reply