Reduce Your Student Loan - CALL 855-587-6708 | Call A Doctor For Just $19.95 With No Insurance
The New Hampshire Unemployment Insurance program provides financial benefits for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own, are able to, available for, and actively seeking work as instructed. Eligibility for receiving benefits is set by law.
New Hampshire Unemployment Eligibility Requirements – Monetary Eligibility
After filing an initial application for Unemployment Insurance benefits, you will receive a Determination of Unemployment Compensation with information about your monetary eligibility.
- Must be totally or partially unemployed.
- Must register for work unless you have been specifically exempted.
- Must be available for full-time work on all shifts and during all the hours work claimant is qualified for is normally performed.
- Must be physically and mentally able to work.
- Must search for work.
- Must file timely claims for benefits.
- Must participate in Re-employment Services if selected by NH Employment Security.
- Must disclose mandatory child support payments or overpaid food stamp coupons.
- Must report any refusal of work or referral to work. read more
Unemployment insurance is temporary income for eligible workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own and who are looking for work. Funds for unemployment insurance benefits is paid for by employers. This is at no cost to worker.
Base period: means the first 4 of the last 5 completed calendar quarters immediately preceding the individual’s benefit year
Unemployment insurance Benefits: means the money payable to an individual as compensation for his wage losses due to unemployment
Benefit year: one-year period beginning with the first day of the week in which an individual files an initial claim for benefits
You can file for New Hampshire Unemployment Benefits at your local unemployment office or Online