Reduce Your Student Loan - CALL 855-587-6708
Unemployment Benefit Eligibility Requirements for Louisiana
- You must be no longer working through no fault of your own OR your work hours MUST have been reduced. If you quit or were fired, you may not be eligible for benefits. You MUST report ANY earnings for the week you work – Required.
- You must be registered for work through your local Business & Career Solutions Center (Louisiana Workforce Commission Job Center) – Eligibility Requirement
- You must file a weekly claim to receive benefits. You can file online through HiRE at www.laworks.net or by phone at 866-783-5567- Required
- You must be able to go to work each day. If you are sick, in the hospital or otherwise unable to work even one day of a week, you cannot claim benefits for that week – Eligibility Requirement
- You must be available for full-time work. If you were offered a job today, you must be able to accept – Required
- You must actively look for work. You must look for work by contacting at least THREE different employers about job openings during EACH week that you claim benefits – Required (read more)